Friday, January 29, 2016

Winter Skin relief with Oatmeal

 
 
Since I was little little, I remember having eczema.  Cool tubs, gross thick lotions & ointments.  But even as little, I remember mom using oatmeal sooth my skin.
 
I have made something like this years ago when my sons eczema was bothering him.  He was a baby, I made it as a bath soak.
 
This winter in the North East has been drastic temperature changes for 2 months!  This flares up my skin so horribly.   I would rather something quick & easy to use in the shower.  This helps with the itchy dry skin, as well as the redness you develop from Eczema. 
 
 
 
You have to learn what oils work best for your skin.  Lavender is the Go To skin soother.  I also found Cedarwood to relieve the itch a great deal!  These were my pics.  The oatmeal is the true star in this bath wash.
 
 
This is what I use, easy to find in Stop & Shop. I bake with it often also! 
 
Here is the recipe I came up with
 
Lavender Oatmeal Bath Soap
  • 3 Cups of water
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 Castile Soap
  • 1 teaspoon Vitamin E
  • 2 teaspoon Avocado oil
  • 10 drops of Lavender essential oil
  • 8 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
Boil the 3 cups of water.  Put oats into a bowl & pour boiled water over them. 
Let sit 2 hours.
Strain the water & throw out the oats, the water is cloudy, its ok!  Its the oatmeal goodness!
Wisk in remaining ingredients & fill your Glass Container little less than 1/4 way.  Fill the rest with water.  Give a good shake before each use. 
 
This is just one new must have in my homes Holistic all Natural skin care.  I only use Therapeutic Grade Young Living Oils in all my blends.  Its by far the most amazing out there!!!
I am also a Distributer & looking to build my team.  These oils have made such a positive impact on our lives, I want to share with everyone!! 
 
Back to old school, pure, natural ingredients, No Chemicals, No Toxins!!
My Member ID: 2403978
 
I would be more than happy to chat with you & help you make the lifestyle change!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment