Friday, January 8, 2016

playing mad scientist!

~  Making my own beauty products using Young Living Essential Oils  ~
I always create my own face wash & face serum, so I thought I would share the recipes with you!
Have you ever sat with a store bought skin care product & google each & every ingredient??  ScARy!!!!!!
What you apply to the skin is absorbed into the blood stream in under a minute.  Those toxins are on & now IN your body.
 
 

 So creating & making oily goodies, I often feel like a mad scientist!  After all it is mixing oils & making potions in pretty glass bottles.  And these oils are like Magic Potions.
I guess you would categorize me as having aging skin.  At 40 something I want to fight wrinkles, improve circulation, enhance skin tone. 
Since I enjoy research, I have collected lots of notes about different properties & uses for each oil.   
 
 
 
I like to lay out wax paper when I work.  Makes for easy clean-up and protects the table. 
Always use glass when using essential oils.  The oils can eat away at plastic & be transferred to your skin. 

 

Here is the recipe for the Face Soap:

I filled the bottle just under a 1/3 of the way with Castile Soap
  • 1 teaspoon of Sweet Almond Oil
  • 1 teaspoon of Rose Hip Oil
  • 4 drops of Melrose
  • 8 drops of Lemon Oil
  • 4 drops Tea Tree
  • 4 drops Lavender
Then I finish it off with distilled water.  Give a good shake before each use just to be sure its all combined.
Castile Soap - I used Baby Unscented as gentle & mild base.   
Almond Oil- soothes dry irritated skin.
Has Vitamin E that helps to fight wrinkles.
Rev's up circulation & renews cells
Rosehip Oil- increases collagen production
Brightens & tightens skin.
Restore elasticity
Melrose - a blend of Rosemary, Clove, Tea Tree, & Nanouli
Great for skin cleanser.  Reduces inflammation. 
Lemon - Cleanses toxins & is antimicrobial
Tea Tree - Disinfectant & antibacterial
Lavender - Soothing on the skin, helps with irritated  skin
 
 


 
Here is a pic of all my goodies for the skin care.  I use only Therapeutic Grade Young Living Essential Oils.  Amazing Company!!! 
 
I also create my own Face Serum.  Here is that recipe:
 
 
2 Teaspoons of Rosehip Oil
2 Teaspoons Grape Seed Oil
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Cypress
12 drops Frankincense
5 drops Melrose
 
 
Grape Seed Oil- Restores elasticity.
Diminishes the appearance of fine lines.
Brightens with Vitamin C.
Regulates oil production.
Rosehip Oil- increases collagen production
Brightens & tightens skin.
Restore elasticity
Lavender - Soothing on the skin, helps with irritated  skin
Frankincense - Great for skin!!  Helps tone & tighten skin.
Melrose - a blend of Rosemary, Clove, Tea Tree, & Nanouli
Great for skin cleanser.  Reduces inflammation. 
Lavender - Soothing on the skin, helps with irritated  skin
 



 
These lotions I pick up in Target and I add my own oils to them.
 
Why spend tons of expensive cleaners & face products, when you can make your own!!  Research what you may use for your skins needs. 
A great addition to add is Geranium!  I do not have it yet, but wonderful for the skin. 
 
I would luv to hear what has worked for you!
 
Happy Blending!!
 
~ Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment